My name is James Nicholls, I am a 22 year old Illustrator and concept artist, currently residing in Bracknell, Berkshire.
I’ve been drawing as a hobby since a young age, usually just scribbling aeroplanes and anything else that interested me the most at that time. However by the early 2000’s I took a new turn at drawing after gaining inspiration from science fiction concept art, mainly from my two favourite franchises; Star Wars and Homeworld. But it wasn’t until 2009 that I fully wanted to become a concept artist when I started to draw characters, vehicles and scenery from a story I had just created in my mind. Since then my drawing techniques have altered considerably as I continue to grow my knowledge on new media as well as new themes and points of interest.
I have done past client work and competitions for companies including:
Mjlonir Software (Sketch Concept Artist)
Anglepoise (Official Competition)
Blackbird Interactive/Gearbox Software (Artwork by developer request)
My skills include:
- Traditional drawing and painting techniques
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro
- Digital painting and manipulation
- Screen printing
What I use:
- 22″ Wacom Cintiq for digital painting
- Graphic Markers and fine liners for technical drawings
- A Canon SLI camera
- The usual trusty items such as pens, pencils and an eraser for all the other bits!
or message me at